Saturday 10 November 2012

Mackerel and Sardines off season


Because I still couldn't get over it.

When I read it, I thought, "Oh yeah. It just makes sense." But I also thought that it's just like sports especially Baseball, which is on off season right now.


I decided to check on this Mackerel thingy. According to Britannica.com, a mackerel "is any of a number of swift-moving, streamlined food and sport fishes found in temperate and tropical seas around the world, allied to tunas in the family Scombridae (order Perciformes)."

In Filipino translation, Mackerel has a lot. There's a Tanige, a GG or Galunggong, Tambacol, and even a Japayuki..? With these translations, I realized that Mackerel is my favorite fish! :D
Now I am hungry.

But with this reminder/advisory/whatsoever, does it mean it'll take a while before we'd be able to have GG at home? That's sad.

At least there's processed sardines. My favorite is Spanish sardines.

No comments:

Post a Comment